Belize City Climate & Temperature
- Belize City, Belize is at 17°32'N, 88°17'W, 5 m (16 ft). See map.
- Belize City has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Belize City is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 25.8 degrees Celsius (78.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.5 °C (8.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2008.8 mm (79.1 inches) which is equivalent to 2008.8 Litres/m² (49.27 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Belize City you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Belize City Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Belize City Climate Graph in Metric Units
Belize City Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Belize City, Belize Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: